'It's Disgraceful': Lara Trump Rips McCabe for Ordering Obstruction of Justice Probe Against Pres. Trump
Trump 2020 campaign adviser Lara Trump slammed Andrew McCabe Saturday after the former FBI deputy director confirmed in a recent interview that he ordered an obstruction of justice probe against the president.
McCabe said in the "60 Minutes" interview that shortly after he spoke with Trump over the phone in May 2017, he decided to start the probe.
"I was very concerned that I was able to put the Russia case on absolutely solid ground in an indelible fashion that were I removed quickly and reassigned or fired, that the case could not be closed or vanish in the night without a trace," he told Scott Pelley.
Mrs. Trump said on Fox & Friends that McCabe's actions toward a sitting president were "disgraceful" and that he needs to "answer a lot of questions."
"The president knew that something was amiss. He had been saying from the very beginning something's going on within the FBI, something's wrong within my Justice Department," she said. "He knew, and everybody said, 'Oh, he's crazy.'"
Trump, who is married to the president's son Eric, also reacted to her father-in-law's announcement declaring an emergency at the southern border.
As Fox News reported, Trump made the announcement on Friday, just hours ahead of the midnight deadline to avoid another partial government shutdown.
He also signed a bill that provides around $1.4 billion for new barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border and can fund 55 miles of barricades.
"At least Congress came together on something," Mrs. Trump said. "I always say, we need to remind the people in Congress that they are there to represent us. ... Here, we finally have a couple of steps in the right direction."
Watch more above.