'We Refuse to Be Intimidated': Gov. Cuomo Says 'Terrorists' Won't Win
UPDATE: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) announced at a press conference that a "device" was sent to his Manhattan office. But it was later reported the device was a hoax, and unrelated to the suspicious packages sent to other prominent Democrats.
During a news conference on the string of suspicious packages sent to Bill and Hillary Clinton, former President Obama and the Time Warner Center, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) revealed that a "device" was also sent to his office in Manhattan.
"A number of devices have been sent. They're being handled," Cuomo said. "We wouldn't be surprised if additional devices are sent. And the device that has been sent to my office has been identified and is being handled as we speak."
He said these packages are an attempt to strike fear, and can be described as terrorism.
"It was a terrorist attempt, it was a terrorist attack," Cuomo said.
He added, however, that New York City has been dealing with terrorism for many years, and the city will not bow down.
"This is New York. It is part of who we are and part of our profile," he said. "We refuse to be intimidated. We refuse to allow them to make us afraid of going through our daily life."
"We're not going to let them win, period."
Earlier on Wednesday, packages sent to Obama, the Clintons Clinton and to the Time Warner Center where CNN is located led to evacuations in a rapidly evolving security scare.
Additionally, the Florida building housing the office of Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, former Democratic Party chairwoman, reportedly was evacuated over a possible suspicious package. And in San Diego, the building housing the offices of Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and the San Diego Union-Tribune reportedly was evacuated due to a suspicious package.
This comes after an explosive device was found days earlier in the mailbox of liberal billionaire George Soros, though it's unclear if the incidents are related.
Stay with Fox News Channel for the latest.