5 Things You Didn't Know About Carley Shimkus
Fox News Insider set the alarm to catch up with one of the fresh faces of Fox News Channel's live morning coverage.
New Jersey native Carley Shimkus shared some fun facts about her family, how she started at Fox News Channel and her love of Michigan football.
1. My parents met on an airplane in 1982. My mom was a flight attendant for United Airlines and my dad was a passenger.
She jokes it would have been love at first sight if not for his polyester shirt. I also have an older sister who is an incredible artist and art teacher.
2. My career at Fox News started even before I graduated college. I worked as an intern at the D.C. bureau in 2008.
I had such a good experience that I decided to apply for a job after graduation.
3. I met my husband, Pete, on my 23rd birthday.
We got married in August, 2015 in my home state of New Jersey.
We are both diehard Michigan football fans and even walked out to the Michigan fight song on our wedding day. Go Blue!!
4. One of the most frequently asked questions I get on social media is about my height. I’m 5’10’’ but heels, of course, elevate me a few more inches.
Here I am with one of my best friends on her wedding day...
5. Because of my height, I figured I’d give modeling a try when I was in high school.
It was a fun experience but not in the cards for me.
Here I am in an ad for a costume store. My family still gets a kick out of this picture and likes to pass it around from time to time.
See more about your favorite Fox News hosts...