Guilfoyle: Edits on Comey's Clinton Memo Show He 'Overstepped His Bounds'
Kimberly Guilfoyle said new revelations about James Comey’s draft statement on the Hillary Clinton email probe show that the former FBI director "overstepped his bounds."
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, released copies Thursday of the edits to Comey’s highly scrutinized July 2016 statement.
The document shows line-by-line edits, including "grossly negligent" being downgraded to "extremely careless." It also shows a change from saying it is “reasonably likely” to merely "possible" that “hostile actors” gained access to then-Secretary of State Clinton’s private email account.
"What it looks like is they actually tried to tip the scale. And that is not the job of the FBI," Guilfoyle said on "The Five."
She said this is "very disturbing," and we need to hear from Comey and other top FBI officials involved in the Clinton email probe, such as Peter Strzok, a former counterintelligence agent at the FBI who was removed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team after his anti-Trump texts were discovered.
She said that anybody - Republican, Democrat or independent - should be concerned about this, because it goes to the heart of the fairness and impartiality of the nation's top investigatory agency.
Jesse Watters noted that Comey had previously been pressured to change language surrounding the Clinton probe when former Attorney General asked him to refer to it as a "matter," not an "investigation."
"It's another example of him doing something to benefit the Hillary Clinton campaign," Watters said.
Watch more above.