Chaffetz: No Excuse for Clinton Foundation Keeping Weinstein Money
The Clinton Foundation will not return tens of thousands of dollars in donations from Harvey Weinstein following accusations of sexual harassment and rape against the Hollywood mogul.
The foundation said Sunday that donations of up to $250,000 have already been spent on the organization’s programs and used for charitable purposes, according to The Daily Mail.
On "Fox & Friends" this morning, former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz said Hillary Clinton is again demonstrating why she is not the president of the United States.
"There's no excuse for this," Chaffetz said. "She's arguing that she wants to lead with women and women's issues. And then this issue comes up and she's like, 'No, I'm going to go ahead and keep that money.'"
After multiple actresses came forward with accusations against Weinstein, many Democratic lawmakers – including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, Sen. Al Franken, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sen. Cory Booker – have pledged to donate their Weinstein contributions to charity.
During a CNN interview, Clinton said she would do the same.
"What other people are saying, what my former colleagues are saying, is they're going to donate it to charity, and of course I will do that," she said on CNN. "I give 10 percent of my income to charity every year, this will be part of that. There's no – there's no doubt about it."
Now, it appears that Clinton will only be donating money that went directly to her or her campaign, not to her foundation.
Last week, Judge Andrew Napolitano raised the question of if the Weinstein money Clinton is donating to charity will actually be going to the Clinton Foundation.
Watch more above.