Only 3 Democrat Senators Say They'll Support Gorsuch
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has vowed to lead a filibuster to try to block the confirmation of Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
With 52 Republicans and 48 Democrats in the Senate, the GOP needs eight Democrats to join them to break a filibuster, which takes 60 votes.
So far, however, only three Democrats have come out saying they would support Gorsuch - Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Donnelly of Indiana.
I will vote to confirm Judge Neil Gorsuch to be the ninth justice on the Supreme Court. pic.twitter.com/MpVbaqf0LB
— Senator Joe Manchin (@Sen_JoeManchin) March 30, 2017
I will vote for Judge Neil Gorsuch to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court. Here's my full statement: pic.twitter.com/pDdhde7mGF
— Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (@SenatorHeitkamp) March 30, 2017
— Senator Joe Donnelly (@SenDonnelly) April 2, 2017
Here's where senators stand on Gorsuch, not including those who have taken no position, according to FoxNews.com.
Senators opposed to Gorsuch; supporting a filibuster:
1. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.
2. Sen. Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis.
3. Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J.
4. Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del.
5. Sen. Bob Casey Jr., D-Pa.
6. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
7. Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn.
8. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.
9. Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.
10. Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-N.H.
11. Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii
12. Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore.
13. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va.
14. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.
15. Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash.
16. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn.
17. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla.
18. Sen. Gary Peters, D-Mich.
19. Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I.
20. Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt.
21. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H.
22. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich.
23. Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M.
24. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.
25. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I.
26. Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore.
27. Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.
28. Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass.
29. Sen. Martin Heinrich, D-N.M.
30. Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.
31. Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill.
32. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.
33. Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto, D-Nev.
34. Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii
Senators opposed to Gorsuch; position on filibuster unclear:
1. Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio
2. Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md.
3. Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.
The Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to vote on April 3. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said they plan to vote to confirm Gorsuch on the Senate floor on April 7.
Watch the "Your World" report above.