GOOD NEWS MN Neighbor Saves 7-Year-Old Girl, Grandma in Carbon Monoxide Scare
Sometimes it really pays to follow your gut...
For an Austin, Minn., woman, following her gut led her to save two lives.
Angie Harty recently had a strange feeling when she went to pick up her neighbor's seven-year-old granddaughter for school.
It was her week to carpool and when the seven-year-old did not come out on time as usual, she said she thought something was wrong, according to ABC 6 News.
Harty's daughter knocked on the door and was told both the seven-year-old and her grandmother were not feeling well.
Still, something was not sitting right with Harty, so she called the fire and police departments on the way to her daughter's school, sensing it might be carbon monoxide in her neighbor's home.
She then rushed back to her neighbor's home just in time.
"I ran in and got the seven-year-old out of the house," she said. "My husband then came and helped me get grandma out of the house. They were both dizzy, sweating and grandma had been in the house a lot longer, so she was a lot worse than the seven-year-old."
The grandmother and granddaughter were sent to the hospital and are expected to make a full recovery, thanks to the quick-thinking actions by their neighbor.
Watch the above video for more on this story.