New Report: Prince Overdosed on Percocet on Plane After Concert
TMZ is now reporting that Prince overdosed on the painkiller Percocet less than a week before his death.
The website first reported last night that the overdose had taken place on a plane carrying Prince from a concert in Atlanta to his Minnesota home.
TMZ cited unnamed sources in Moline, Illinois, where the flight made an emergency landing.
Emergency responders then reportedly administered a "save shot" normally used to counteract an opiate and Prince was rushed to a hospital.
Prince's reps originally claimed that Prince needed treatment for the flu and have not commented on the new reports.
He spent three hours at the hospital, then was discharged and reboarded the plane to Minneapolis.
Prince is said to have departed over the recommendation of doctors who wanted him to remain hospitalized.
Photos have surfaced showing Prince pacing outside a Walgreens near his home in the hours before his death.
— WTVR CBS 6 Richmond (@CBS6) April 21, 2016
Prince reportedly was using the painkillers for his hip, on which he had surgery around 2010.
He was found dead Thursday morning in the elevator at Paisley Park Studios in Chanhassen, Minnesota, where he lived.
An autopsy is planned for today.