Father Electrocuted in Swimming Pool After Jumping in to Save Daughter
A California father was killed in a freak accident on Easter Sunday after jumping into a swimming pool to save his daughter.
People.com reported that Jim Tramel, 43, saw his nine-year-old daughter being electrocuted and turning blue in the pool during a family gathering at their Palm Beach, Florida, vacation home
Tramel jumped into the water to save her and was electrocuted as well. Both had to be pulled from the pool by others who were there.
Tramel later died at the hospital. His daughter is in critical condition.
A total of seven people were shocked while swimming in the pool. A six-year-old boy, a six-year-old girl, an eight-year-old girl and a 45-year-old woman were treated and released from the hospital. A ten-year-old girl is in stable condition at the hospital.
Police said the electrocutions were likely caused as a result of "faulty pool wires."
A GoFundMe page has been set up to raise money for Tramel’s family.