Mom: Daughter Got 2nd-Degree Burns from Cell Phone & Metal Necklace

A Student Made a Giant Flag Out of Painted Toy Soldiers and It's Glorious


Surveillance video captured the moment that an e-cigarette exploded in a Kentucky man's pants pocket. 

The scary scene unfolded at an Owensboro gas station convenience store as the man went up to the counter, America's Newsroom reported.

The man ran out the door in a panic, frantically trying to get his burning pants off.

Luckily for him the store clerk reacted quickly, grabbing a fire extinguisher and running outside to put out the flames. 

The man was taken to a hospital with second-degree burns on his leg.

The incident highlights growing safety concerns as e-cigarettes become more and more popular as a supposedly healthier alternative to cigarettes.

Explosions and fires are usually linked to the device's lithium-ion battery, which can overheat or, in some cases, malfunction. 

See the surveillance footage above.


97-Year-Old Woman with Cancer Says Landlord Trying to Evict Her

SEE IT: Vet's Futile Attempt to Make VA Appointment Goes Viral

Man Charged in 2014 Murder of Miss. Woman Who Was Burned Alive