Why the Freddie Gray Case Seems to Be Unraveling Already
Is the case against six Baltimore police officers for the death of Freddie Gray coming apart already?
Trace Gallagher reported on "The Kelly File" on the questions being raised in the days since Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby unveiled the criminal charges.
On "Hannity" earlier this week, former Baltimore Deputy State's Attorney Page Croyder questioned whether Mosby really "thought through" the charges, including murder and involuntary manslaughter.
Gallagher said that Mosby conducted her own investigation of Gray's arrest to distance herself from the police. But now, the police investigation could hurt Mosby's case.
Trace explained some of the factors that could impact the case:
- the knife being carried by Gray at the time of the arrest.
- whether there is evidence to charge one of the officers with murder.
- the decision to rule Gray's death a homicide.
- police officers' alleged attempts to call for medical attention for Gray.
- the background of the ex-police officer who led Mosby's investigation.
After that report, Megyn Kelly discussed the case with defense attorney Mark Eiglarsh.
Watch the full segment above.