In tonight’s Talking Points Memo, Bill O’Reilly examined why most Americans did not vote in last week's midterm election, which had the lowest turnout in 72 years.


O'Reilly Slams 'Dubious' Authors of 'Misleading' New Book on Jesus


Just over 36 percent of Americans went to the polls, with less than half of eligible voters showing up in 43 states, O'Reilly said, noting several other interesting numbers from exit polling.

Women cast 51 percent of the ballots, men 49 percent.

75 percent of voters were white, 12 percent black, 8 percent Hispanic and 3 percent Asian-American.

43 percent were ages 45-64 and just 13 percent were 18-29.

O'Reilly added that a new Gallup poll found that 53 percent of American adults want Republicans in Congress to lead the nation while just 36 percent want President Obama to continue leading.


Watters' World: Obama More Conservative Than Reagan?!


"Talking Points believes the American public is basically jaded," "The Factor" host said. "All the political strife has alienated many voters. They don't like anybody in politics."

He explained that many Americans are lost in machines, in cyberspace, in phony worlds where they can escape responsibility.

He said the machine addiction will just get worse and play an even larger role in the political process moving forward.

"20 years from now, 20 percent of the population will control the other 80 percent because the machine addiction is just going to get worse. George Orwell was right on."

He concluded that Hillary Clinton may draw heavy interest in the 2016 presidential race, but as far as off-year elections, forget about it.

"Americans have checked out."

Watch the memo above and let us know what you think about the low voter turnout in the comments.


Krauthammer: Obama's Gum-Chewing Gaffe Shows 'Arrogance & Amateurism'