Two people - including the gunman - are dead following a shooting at a Marysville-Pilchuck High School in Marysville, Wash., north of Seattle.

Here's what we know so far:

  • The Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooter and a second unnamed person have died.
  • Q13FOX News has identified the shooter as student Jaylen Fryberg, a student at Marysville-Pilchuck High School.
  • A spokesperson for Providence Regional Medical Center, a level two trauma center, says about four patients were brought in, one of whom was transferred to Harborview Medical Center, which is a level one trauma center.
    The three patients at providence are all in surgery, with 25 physicians responding. All are in critical condition.

Fox affiliate Q13FOX News reported via Twitter:

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said via Twitter:

Photos below show the scene:

The Marysville School District released the following statement:

“The Marysville Pilchuck High School is currently in lock down due to an emergency situation. Police and emergency services have responded. The Marysville School District lock down procedures will remain in effect at Pilchuck until further notice from law enforcement. We will continue to forward communication in cooperation with law enforcement.

Students who attend MPHS campus are being relocated to the Shoultes Community Church at the corner of 116th and 51st Street.  Buses will take students home from there.  Those parents in the area wanting to pick up their child will need to go to the church location and sign out their child out with school administrator or law enforcement.

All after-school activities across the district are canceled today.”

At a news conference at 1p local time (4p ET), authorities confirmed two people are deceased. Officers have swept the building and are now doing a second check. Students are still being bussed to the reunification location.

Watch the news conference below.

Dr. Joanne Roberts, of the Providence Regional Medical Center, this afternoon gave an update on the condition of patients.

Roberts reported that two young men and two young women arrived at the hospital, and one of those young men was transferred to Harborview Medical Center with injuries which were not life-threatening.

All three patients at the hospital have suffered primary head wounds and are in critical condition. One young man has gotten through surgery and is en route to the ICU. Two young women are still in surgery.

Roberts said the hospital is working with families to establish identities. Many parents do not know if their children were wounded.

The two deaths in the shooting were declared at the scene, not the hospital.

Hana Kim tonight reported on “The Kelly File” that local police are not releasing a motive in the shooting, which claimed two lives. But Kim reported that family members say the gunman got into a fight with some students over a girl.

Just last week, the student was crowned homecoming prince.