Ebola Update: NYC Cops Toss Masks, Gloves in Public Garbage Can
Rick Leventhal reported the latest this hour on the newest Ebola patient in the United States. Dr. Craig Spencer, a doctor who worked with Ebola patients in Guinea, tested positive for the virus Thursday in New York City.
- CDC rapid response teams are on their way to New York.
- Officials said New Yorkers should not be worried when riding the subway, where Spencer did travel.
- Spencer is said to be in stable condition, talking on the phone to friends and family.
- The Brooklyn bowling alley where Spencer bowled Wednesday night was closed for cleaning, but has now been cleared to reopen.
- Spencer's fiance, and several of his friends, have been quarantined.
Meantime, video has surfaced (above) of police officers near Spencer's home tossing their masks and gloves into a public garbage can.
It's unlikely those officers were actually inside the apartment.
Watch Leventhal's full report above.