Jonathan Serrie brought us the latest on the two Dallas nurses who contracted the Ebola virus. 

The first, 26-year-old Nina Pham, was transferred today from Texas to the National Institutes of Health’s biocontainment facility in Bethesda, Maryland.

Officials say Pham remains in stable condition. 

The other nurse, 29-year-old Amber Vinson, is being treated at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. Both had treated a Liberian man who was the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States before his Oct. 8 death. 

Questions remain over why Vinson was permitted to fly to Cleveland despite reporting that she had a low-grade fever.

A teacher may have had contact with Vinson when she was in the area, so a school in Cleveland was thoroughly cleaned overnight.

The teacher was instructed to stay home until cleared by health officials. 

At least a half dozen people in Ohio are being monitored after having contact with Vinson. 

Meantime, a person in Connecticut is being evaluated after coming down with "Ebola-like symptoms."

From Reuters:

Yale-New Haven Hospital in Connecticut is evaluating a patient with "Ebola-like symptoms," the hospital said in a statement on Thursday.

“While we recognize this is just a suspected case, we don’t believe that it will actually turn out to be an Ebola case,” New Haven Mayor Toni Harp said during a press conference Thursday.

The patient is reportedly one of two Yale University graduate epidemiology students who traveled to Liberia last month to advise the health ministry on using computers to track the disease, according to Laurence Grotheer, a spokesman for Harp.

When the two graduate students returned from Liberia, Yale officials earlier said they had not traveled into areas where Ebola was present. They initially asked the two to quarantine themselves for 21 days but last week rescinded that request, according to the university.

The student did not have contact with anyone sick with Ebola during the trip, but the person was moved to the hospital in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Yale-New Haven Hospital admitted the patient late Wednesday, and expects to have test results indicating a positive or negative diagnosis for the virus within 24 hours.

Thomas Balcezak, chief medical officer of Yale-New Haven Hospital, said during the conference that as of Thursday afternoon, the patient was in “good” condition, and was “moved to in-patient service in an area under negative pressure.”

Watch the full report above, and read further details at