'Fun To Be a Hero': Girl Saves Family From Fire ... Twice in One Day!
The quick-thinking and bravery of a seven-year-old North Carolina girl helped her family escape a fire at their home, not once, but twice in a single day.
When a grease fire started in the kitchen of her family's Winterville, N.C., house Thursday evening, Sage Lewis alerted everyone to the blaze, and they were able to evacuate safely.
When the fire rekindled in the early hours of Friday morning while everybody was sleeping, Sage heard the alarm and again leapt into action, helping her family escape the home safely a second time.
"I asked my mom to come and unlock the door, so I could get out quick to go ask our neighbors if they could help us," Sage told reporters.
"It's really fun to be a hero."
Sage and her mom talked to Steve Doocy Monday morning. Watch the interview above.