A private autopsy on Michael Brown performed at the request of his family showed that the unarmed 18-year-old was struck at least six times by Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson's bullets.

Dr. Michael Baden, former chief medical examiner for New York City, determined two of the bullets struck Brown in the head and four hit his right arm.

Prof. Shawn Parcells, assistant to Dr. Baden, explained more precisely where those bullets struck Brown: One to the top of the head, one that entered above the right eyebrow, one near the top of the arm, one superficial graze wound on the middle part of the arm, one in the medial aspect of the arm and one deep graze wound on palm of hand.

In addition to those six wounds, Brown also had two possible reentry wounds, one near the shoulder that could have been caused by the same bullet that hit Brown's forehead above the right eyebrow.

The other possible reentry wound was on the side of Brown's chest and was likely from the same bullet as one of the hand wounds.

Parcells said the wound to medial aspect of Brown's arm was the only one that could have occurred if Brown was shot from behind, as witness testimony stated, although it could also have been caused when Brown held his hands up or across his body in a defensive stance.

“We have to look at other aspects of this investigation before we can really start piecing things together,” Parcells stated.

Here's more from FoxNews.com:

The New York Times reported late Sunday that an autopsy on Michael Brown's body was carried out at the request of Michael Brown's family by Dr. Michael Baden, the former chief medical examiner for New York City. 

Baden told the Times that one of the bullets struck the top of Brown's skull, suggesting that the 18-year-old's head was bent forward when he was shot. The doctor added that four of the six shots struck Brown in the right arm, and all the bullets entered from the teen's front. Only three of the bullets were recovered from Brown's body. 

Baden did not have access to Brown's clothes, which may have gunpowder residue on them if the bullets were fired from close range. Baden also did not have access to X-rays that may have shown where the bullets were found, nor did he see any witness or police statements. 

Brown was fatally shot by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on the afternoon of August 9 after a confrontation near Brown's grandmother's apartment. The shooting has prompted nationwide protests and the controversy has been augmented by the response from  local authorities, who have used tear gas and smoke canisters against protesters and have been slow to release information about the deadly encounter. 

Baden told The Times that his findings were not meant to resolve the controversy over the confrontation between Brown and Wilson.

"We need more information; for example, the police should be examining the automobile to see if there is gunshot residue in the police car," he told the paper.

Baden's autopsy was the first of three planned in the case. Attorney General Eric Holder on Sunday ordered a federal medical examiner to perform an autopsy in addition to the one planned by state authorities. Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon said that the order was prompted by the "extraordinary circumstances" surrounding the case and the wishes of Brown's family. 

"This independent examination will take place as soon as possible," Fallon said. "Even after it is complete, Justice Department officials still plan to take the state-performed autopsy into account in the course of their investigation."

Watch the clip above.

‘Media Buzz’: Arrests, Tear Gassing Mar Ferguson Coverage