Bodies of 3 Kidnapped Israeli Teens Found in West Bank
Some grim news reported this afternoon on Happening Now as the bodies of three kidnapped Israeli teenagers were found in a shallow grave near the West Bank town of Hebron. The boys had been missing for nearly three weeks.
Read the latest developments from FoxNews.com below, and check out John Huddy's report from Jerusalam above.
The search for Eyal Yifrach, 19; Gilad Shaar, 16 and Naftali Frenkel, 16, who were snatched while hitchhiking, ended even as Israeli forces were conducting raids in the West Bank, where Hamas operates. Frenkel holds duel U.S.-Israeli citizenship.
Israeli forces were massing Monday in the West Bank village of Halhul, just north of Hebron. Sources said the bodies were found in a shallow grave in an open field. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was expected to speak on the discovery Monday.
The abductions outraged the Jewish state as well as the international community, and several vigils and rallies were held around the U.S. during the intensive hunt. Hundreds of Palestinians took part in the search, dubbed "Brother's Keeper."
The three youths disappeared as they were heading home from a West Bank religious school. Israeli officials said at the time officials that one of the teens called a police emergency line around 10:25 p.m. and said, "We've been kidnapped." They were not heard from again.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas criticized the kidnapping, and pledged help in the search but denied there was evidence linking Hamas to the crime. Hamas, which governs the Palestinian territories jointly with the PA, praised the kidnapping without claiming responsibility.
Netanyahu previously left little doubt as to who he blamed.
"Hamas terrorists carried out Thursday's kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers," Netanyahu said earlier this month. "We know that for a fact. Hamas denials do not change this fact."