Palkot: Benghazi Suspect Showed No Remorse in Oct 2012 Interview
Fox News has confirmed that a suspected terrorist linked to the September 2012 Benghazi attack has been captured in Libya by U.S. forces. Sources told Fox News that the suspect, Ahmed Abu Khatallah, was captured on Sunday and is en route to the U.S. on board a Navy ship.
In October 2012, Fox News’ Greg Palkot spoke to Khatallah in an off camera interview in Libya. He admitted to being at the scene of the consulate attack, but claimed that he did not plan it. Palkot surmised that Khatallah was easy to contact and hiding in plain sight as part of his modus operandi.
Khatallah said he was looking after militia members who had been guarding the complex and were possibly injured. He also maintained that he wasn’t a member of Ansar al-Sharia anymore, despite previously being a key member of the militia group. Furthermore, the suspect said he was directing traffic.
According to Palkot, it was telling that he offered no remorse regarding the killing of four Americans and said the U.S. shouldn’t be involved in the internal politics of Libya. At the time, Khatallah said he had not yet been contacted by U.S. officials.
Hear more from Palkot above.