A Texas mom is seeing red after her 10-year-old returned home from school with bad sunburn.

Rachel’s school vigorously enforces North East Independent School District’s sunscreen ban.

In a statement, the district said, “Typically sunscreen is a toxic substance and we can’t allow toxic things to be in our schools. They could possibly have an allergic reaction [or] they could ingest it. It’s really a dangerous situation.”


Do School Bans on Balls, Tag at Recess Go Too Far?


Christy Riggs, Rachel’s mom, was on “Fox and Friends” this morning to discuss the policy.

"The reality is children don't eat sunscreen, and they're not going to,” she said, adding that sunscreen isn’t a toxin or it wouldn’t have been approved by the FDA.

Riggs, whose father died of skin cancer earlier this year, said a bad sunburn in one’s adolescence doubles chances of skin cancer later in life.


Is This a Stretch? MA School Bans Yoga Pants


Watch the full interview above.