Veterans advocate Johnny "Joey" Jones reacted Saturday to the return of what are believed to be the remains of 55 U.S. servicemen killed during the Korean War.

The White House said that on Friday, the cases were collected in North Korea and later put aboard a United States military aircraft in South Korea.

Jones said on "Fox & Friends" that the only place to lay the soldiers' remains is in the United States.

"We're going to have a chance to lay them to rest in the only place they can find rest, in the only place they should be and that's here at home," Jones said.


Trump Applauds Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones' Anthem Stance: 'This Is What the League Should Do!'


Jones is a Purple Heart recipient who lost both legs in 2010 working as a Marine Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician in Afghanistan.

He added Saturday that the sacrifice of soldiers is not seen firsthand by many, and that people don't fully understand what it means.

"Today, we stand and we're not forgetting these men. Today, it's not the 'Forgotten War,'" he said.

As Fox News reported:

The transfer of the remains from the 1950-53 Korean War had been negotiated last month during a summit meeting in Singapore between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

President Trump tweeted his thanks to Kim, saying that the arrival of the remains would be a "great moment for so many families."

"I'm proud that today, our country took a stand and that decades later, our president took a political risk to bring these men home and I couldn't be more proud," Jones said.

It's believed that the remains of about 5,300 U.S. soldiers are still in North Korea.

Watch more above.


Sen. Cory Booker Pleads for Supporters to 'Get Up in the Face of Congresspeople'

Cowboys QB: Protesting During National Anthem Isn't the 'Time or the Venue to Do So'

Dershowitz: If Cohen Was Behind Leak of Trump Tape, He Has a 'Serious Problem'