It 'Has to Stop': Sabato Jr. Says He Was Blacklisted by Hollywood for Supporting Trump
Congressional candidate Antonio Sabato Jr. (Calif.) said he was blacklisted by Hollywood after showing his support for President Trump at the 2016 Republican National Convention.
He said on "Fox & Friends" that upon returning to Los Angeles, his agents and managers were "all gone over one day."
"Because of my attachment to the president, my appreciation for the president, my support for him. That has to stop," he said.
Sabato Jr. is challenging U.S. Rep. Julia Brownley (D) in Ventura County.
Sabato Jr. added that he would not have changed his political stance, even if he had he known it would lead to less acting jobs.
"I sleep good at night. My integrity is strong and I know that I'm doing it for the right reasons," he said.
"We should debate things -- our differences -- but at the end of the day, we should be cordial and love one another and move forward."
Sabato Jr. also reacted to singer John Legend's tweet that said White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders could resign to prevent being harassed.
If she doesn't want to be held accountable for the administration's evil, she can resign and denounce it.
— John Legend (@johnlegend) June 25, 2018
Sanders and her family were booted from a Virginia restaurant last week. Sanders said the reason was because she works for President Trump.
"[Sanders] is doing amazing so I give her credit for it. The American people are with her," Sabato Jr. said.
Watch more above.