A controversial memo alleging U.S. government surveillance abuses was declassified by the White House Friday and the full contents released by the House Intelligence Committee. 

Fox News chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge summarized some of the first excerpts on "Happening Now."

She emphasized that Democrats have alleged key facts were not included in the memo assembled by the office of Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.)

The memo asserts that a high-ranking law enforcement official stated in closed-door testimony that without the anti-Trump dossier, the FBI would not have been able to secure surveillance warrants.

Herridge said the memo alleges the FBI and Justice Department, in their application to the FISA court, used media reporting to lend credibility to the dossier.

She said Fox News has previously reported that the dossier's author, former British spy Christopher Steele, briefed six U.S. media outlets about the findings.

The memo states that after Steele's contact was cut off from the FBI, he and Fusion GPS continued to pass information to the FBI through recently-demoted Justice Department official Bruce Ohr. 

Ohr’s wife Nellie began working for Fusion GPS as early as May 2016.

The memo also alleges there is evidence that Steele had a personal animus toward Trump, Herridge reported.

Trump reacted at the White House, calling the findings laid out in the memo a "disgrace."

"I think it's terrible, I think it's a disgrace, what's going on in this country," he said.

Watch her report above.


Huckabee on Surveillance Memo: 'This Is About Whether We're a Free Country'

Rep. Gaetz: FISA Memo Shows Mueller Probe Was Based on 'False, Rotten Premise'

Hannity: Dems & Media Breathlessly Trying to Discredit FISA Memo