Firefighters are making progress in containing the raging wildfires that have devastated Southern California, Will Carr reported on "America's News HQ" on Saturday.
Carr reported from Ventura, California, where fire crews have the so-called "Thomas Fire" at approximately 15 percent containment, according to officials.
The fire, which started Monday about 60 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles, has now caused at least 50,000 people to evacuate, destroyed at least 476 structures and scorched roughly 143,000 acres so far.
"This has all been dependent on those Santa Ana winds that really whipped through this area earlier this week," Carr said.
He reported that the winds were milder on Friday, and that has continued on Saturday morning. He said that's great news because it allows air tankers to be deployed.
“With this break in the weather, we’ve made good progress, but that progress is limited to those areas that are safe to fly in,” Todd Derum, incident commander for Cal Fire, said at a press conference on Friday. "We identify priorities on the ground as we can around the map, but what changes those priorities, as I mentioned before, is the smoke, the density of smoke, the wind speed and other incidents or new incidents."
Carr reported that firefighters are also making progress with the "Lilac Fire" in San Diego County. That fire, which has burned more than 100 structures, is now 20 percent contained.
"Again, this entire region in a red flag warning up until Sunday night, so we're not out of this yet," Carr said.
Watch his report above, and stay with Fox News Channel for the latest on the California wildfires.