Kellyanne Conway, a top adviser to President Donald Trump, said on "The O'Reilly Factor" the administration is confident that the second iteration of the executive travel ban will "pass legal muster."
Trump signed an order last Monday restricting the immigration of citizens from six Middle Eastern and North African countries, a revision from his original January order which had included Iraq.
Since then, Hawaii and Washington state filed lawsuits seeking to block the executive order., and New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman (D) released a statement saying he will join Washington's suit next week.
"We anticipated several states will challenge [it]," Conway said.
She said Trump's ban specifically targets countries known to "harbor, train or export terrorists," and called Iraq's removal from the list "a great signal."
Conway said that over the past month, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly successfully worked with the Iraqi government to qualify them to be removed from the list.
"We've made significant changes and we know it will pass legal muster," she said.