Man Seriously Injured After E-Cigarette Explodes in His Pants
A man's e-cigarette exploded in his pocket Wednesday while he was working at a wine store in New York City's Grand Central Terminal, according to his attorney.
Shocking security video of the incident appears to show Otis Gooding standing behind the counter in the store when his vaporizer pen suddenly explodes.
Sparks shoot from his pants as he frantically tries to remove the device.
Gooding was taken to a hospital, and is being treated for burns on his leg, thigh and hand, some of which are third-degree.
His attorney said he is expected to have surgery, and his next step will be taking appropriate legal action against the device's manufacturer, once identified.
Watch the "Varney & Co." report below.