Report: Some Widely Sold Parmesan Cheese Products May Contain Wood

Decorated Marine Attacked by Robbers Asking If 'Black Lives Matter'


An Illinois mother says her daughter was badly burned in a freak accident involving her charging cell phone and a necklace.

Jackie Fedro told Buzzfeed News that an electric current traveled through the phone into her 13-year-old daughter's metal necklace, leaving her with scars from second-degree burns.

She said her daughter, Gabbie, had been using her cell phone with the charger that came from the store.

Jackie described the incident as traumatizing for the family.

"It’s the worst feeling in the world as a mother to watch your child scream in pain and have no idea how to help her,” she told Buzzfeed News, adding that her daughter had just gotten her first phone for Christmas.

According to the report, the cell phone manufacturer sent the family a new phone and offered to pay the medical bills. They also asked to have the damaged phone back to run tests on it.

Experts say these types of accidents usually result from a phone's lithium-ion battery overheating.

Read the full report, here.


Waffle House Waitress Arrested for Slipping Meth in Man's Drink

FL Teacher Suspected of Giving Students Alcohol, Pot & Sex Tips

Doctors Find 'Colony of Ants' Living in Young Girl's Ear

What to Do If the January 1970 Hoax Broke Your iPhone