New Trial Starts for Teen Accused of Luring Ex-Boyfriend to His Death
A new murder trial is underway for a Florida teenager accused of luring her ex-boyfriend to his gruesome death.
Nineteen-year-old Amber Wright is among a group of six people involved in the 2011 death of 15-year-old Seath Jackson.
Prosecutors say Wright was only 16 when she texted Seath inviting him to the home where he was beaten, shot and mutilated.
His body was then burned in a fire pit.
Wright has been convicted once before – but an error in her trial then forced that conviction to be overturned, Happening Now reported today.
Reports say the court granted Wright a new trial last year, after it was found that she gave the authorities statements incriminating herself before being read her Miranda Rights.
But Assistant State Attorney Amy Berndt told Wright’s jury on Tuesday that the teenager “played the most important role in that murder.”
“She was the bait,” said Bernt, according to local newspaper The Ocala Star-Banner. “Her job was to lure Seath Jackson to the house where he would be murdered.”
Read more, here.