Gun Buyer Says San Bernardino Terrorist May Have Aborted 2012 Plot
UPDATE: Fox News reported that federal authorities are expected to bring charges against Enrique Marquez, the former neighbor of San Bernardino gunman Syed Farook who bought two of the guns used in last week's terror attack.
New information is emerging from the man who is said to have purchased two guns used by Syed Farook, who along with his wife killed 14 people at a San Bernardino, California, office building.
Will Carr reported this morning that Enrique Marquez bought two AR-15s that were used in the attack and is now providing authorities with information.
Authorities previously said Farook legally purchased two other handguns used in the massacre.
Marquez, who checked himself into a mental health facility after the attack one week ago, was a childhood friend and former neighbor of Farook.
Marquez has not been charged and the FBI says he is not a suspect. He is said to have converted to Islam in recent years and had also married into the Farook family.
The FBI now says interviews with Marquez have revealed that Farook once plotted an attack with someone else.
It was not immediately clear when the scuttled attack was planned or what its target was. CNN, citing two U.S. officials, reported earlier Tuesday that Farook and another unidentified individual may have conspired to carry out an attack in 2012. However, one official told CNN that the pair "got spooked" and decided not to go through with their plan after a series of terror-related arrests in Southern California.
Watch more on the new developments below.