Homeowner's Fire Kills Burglar Who Was Stuck in His Chimney

WATCH: Woman's Snapchat Selfie Captures Moment of Ohio Plane Crash


A hoverboard that a 12-year-old boy had just received as a gift is being blamed for a fire that destroyed his Louisiana home.

Jessica Horne says her son had only had the board for one day before it went up in flames, catching fire while he charged the battery.

“It was like a firework,” she said.

“Sparks just flying. And before I could yell, ‘The house is on fire!’ … The middle part of the board – that would go in between your feet – just ‘poof,’ and into flames.”

Horne said the board was purchased on Amazon. The Louisiana fire marshal’s office is investigating the origins of the fire.

Watch more above, and see the local report, here.


DRAMATIC VIDEO: Family Narrowly Escapes Massive Fire on California Highway

Man in Coma After E-Cigarette Blows Up in His Face

PHOTO/VIDEO: Flames Erupt on 2 Separate Flights Friday