Benghazi Victim's Mom: 'As Far As I'm Concerned, Hillary Is Anti-Mother'
Patricia Smith, the mother of one of the four victims of the Benghazi attack, said this morning on "America's Newsroom" that she still has not heard anything from Hillary Clinton.
After her son, Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith, was killed in the Sept. 11, 2012 attack, Smith said the then-secretary of state assured her that she would give her a full accounting of what happened.
Since then, Smith said she's never heard from Clinton or her office, and accused the State Department of withholding information about her son's death.
"As far as I'm concerned, Hillary is anti-mother. She will not give me an answer to anything. As far as I know, it was the video that caused everything because no one has told me any different," she said.
Over the weekend, a former staffer on the Republican-led special Benghazi committee claimed that he was fired for refusing to join what he called a partisan effort to go after Clinton.
Air Force Reserves officer Bradley F. Podliska's allegations have been disputed by committee chairman Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC).
Gowdy said Podliska has “run to the press with his new salacious allegations” after failing to get money from the committee.
Smith said she believes Clinton should be the focus of Gowdy's investigation because the Benghazi facilities were her responsibility and she failed to provide adequate security.
"She has got to let me know. I am the mother. She wasn't. Why does she know and I can't find out about my son? It's been three years. How long is it gonna take before I find out something?" said Smith, adding she was told by Americans on the ground that her son could have been saved if they had been allowed to rush to the compound during the attack.
The House Intelligence Committee said last year that there was no stand-down order or missteps by the military during the Benghazi attack.
Clinton is set to take the stage tonight in the first Democratic presidential debate.
Watch the full interview above.