Obama Transfers 6 Gitmo Detainees, Including Alleged Bin Laden Bodyguards
Six detainees at the Guantanamo Bay detention center, including three alleged to have been bodyguards for Usama bin Laden, have been transferred to Oman, the Department of Defense said Saturday.
The six new transfers are Emad Abdullah Hassan, Idris Ahmad 'Abd Al Qadir Idris and Jalal Salam Awad Awad, all alleged bodyguards to bin Laden, Sharaf Ahmad Muhammad Mas'ud, Saa'd Nasser Moqbil Al Azani and Muhammad Ali Salem Al Zarnuki.
This is the first time in roughly the past five months that Guantanamo suspects have been transferred, as Congress considers new restrictions on such moves.
The number of detainees at the facility is now 116, compared to 242 when President Obama took office.
Fox News military analyst Gen. Jack Keane (Ret.) said on "America's News Headquarters" that all six detainees were assessed in 2008 as having a high risk to rejoin their Al Qaeda brothers.
"That was in 2008. What has changed since then?" Keane asked.
He said that he believes it is highly likely that these six will cross over from Oman to their home country of Yemen where they can reengage with Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.
"There's no indication that they've been rehabilitated. This is about a process that's going on because the president wants to close Guantanamo Bay, and he's going to empty it out as a way to close it," Keane said.
Watch more above.