A new video released today purports to show ISIS terrorists beheading American journalist Steven Sotloff. It comes a little more than a week after ISIS beheaded journalist James Foley in a separate video.

At the afternoon briefing, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said, "Our thoughts and prayers first and foremost are with Mr. Sotloff and Mr. Sotloff's family and those who work with him. The United States, as you know, has dedicated significant time and resources to try and rescue Mr. Sotloff. I'm not in a position to confirm the authenticity of that video or the reports obviously since I just walked out here but if there is a video that has been released. It is something that will be analyzed very carefully by the U.S. government."

In the video above, Jon Scott discussed the latest brutality by ISIS with Ilan Berman, vice president of the American Foreign Policy Council. Stay tuned to Fox News for the latest on this developing story.


Obama on Dealing With ISIS: 'We Don't Have a Strategy Yet'

New ISIS Video: ‘We Will Raise Black Flag Over White House’

Parents of Slain Navy SEAL to Obama: Leave the White House


Here's more from AP:

   BEIRUT (AP) -- An Internet video posted online Tuesday purported to show the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff by the Islamic State group, which called it retribution for continued U.S. airstrikes in Iraq.

   Sotloff, 31, who freelanced for Time and Foreign Policy magazines, had last been seen in Syrian in August 2013 until he appeared in a video released online last month by the Islamic State group that showed the beheading of fellow American journalist James Foley.

   Dressed in an orange jumpsuit against the backdrop of an arid Syrian landscape, Sotloff was threatened in that video with death unless the U.S. stopped airstrikes on the group in Iraq.

   In the video distributed Tuesday and entitled "A Second Message to America," Sotloff appears in a similar jumpsuit before he was purportedly beheaded by an Islamic State fighter.

   The Associated Press could not immediately verify the video's authenticity. The SITE Intelligence Group, a U.S. terrorism watchdog, first reported about the video's existence.

   The fighter who beheads Sotloff in the video called it retribution for Obama's continued airstrikes against the group in Iraq.

   "I'm back, Obama, and I'm back because of your arrogant foreign policy towards the Islamic State ...  despite our serious warnings," the fighter said.

   At the end of the video, he threatened to kill a third captive, a Briton, David Cathorne Haines.

   Sotloff's mother had pleaded for his release last week in a video directed at the Islamic State group.

   Addressing the leader of the Islamic State group by name, Shirley Sotloff said in a video her son was "an innocent journalist" who shouldn't pay for U.S. government actions in the Middle East over which he has no control.

   White House press secretary Josh Earnest said he wasn't immediately aware of the purported Sotloff video and wasn't in a position to confirm its authenticity.

   "This is something that the administration has obviously been watching very carefully," Earnest said. "Our thoughts and prayers first and foremost are with Mr. Sotloff and Mr. Sotloff's family and those who worked with him."

   A man who answered a phone listed in the name of Sotloff's sister hung up when called by the AP.


'We Should Be at DEFCON 1': McInerney Warns ISIS Already in U.S. 

Levin on ISIS: Obama to Blame for '1 of Worst Screw-Ups in U.S. History'

O'Reilly: 'ISIS Isn't Going to Stop, We Have to Kill Them All'