A Fort Lauderdale family was able to save themselves and their house thanks to their pet parrot, Pearly.

The watchful bird started squawking frantically when a fire started in the laundry room early Tuesday.

Pearly went off even before the smoke detectors, waking up his owners, who were able to call 911 in time for firefighters to contain the fire.

Dave Wulff, whose fiancee owns the parrot, told the Sun Sentinel that Pearly can, at times, be an annoyance.

But when the screeching woke him up, he said he knew something was wrong because he had never heard Pearly make those types of noises.

The bird's cage is one room over from where the fire started.


LOL: ‘Devil Baby’ Terrifies New Yorkers in Prank Video


What!? Bears Fan Uses Stun Gun on Wife as Part of NFL Bet