Fox News has obtained previously top secret documents and transcripts indicating what President Obama knew about the Benghazi attack and when he knew it.  

Chief Washington correspondent James Rosen reported that the documents include 450 pages of sworn testimony by America’s highest ranking military officers.

On September 11, 2012, then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, were already scheduled to see President Obama in the Oval Office on different subjects.

Within 15 minutes of the attack, General Carter Ham, who was head of AFRICOM at the time, was notified. He told House Armed Services Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation in June 2013: “My first call was to General Dempsey, General Dempsey’s office, to say, ‘Hey, I am headed down the hall. I need to see him right away.’ I told him what I knew. We immediately walked upstairs to meet with Secretary Panetta.”

Gen. Ham was asked whether there was any mention of a demonstration or an attack with Gen. Dempsey and Sec. Panetta.

Ham responded, “[…] We knew that a U.S. facility had been attacked and was under attack, and we knew at that point that we had two individuals, Ambassador Steven and Mr. Smith, unaccounted for.”

First-term lawmaker and Iraq war veteran, Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-Ohio) pressed Ham on the issue.

The transcript reads: 

WENSTRUP: "As a military person, I am concerned that someone in the military would be advising that this was a demonstration. I would hope that our military leadership would be advising that this was a terrorist attack." 

HAM: "Again, sir, I think, you know, there was some preliminary discussion about, you know, maybe there was a demonstration. But I think at the command, I personally and I think the command very quickly got to the point that this was not a demonstration, this was a terrorist attack." 

WENSTRUP: "And you would have advised as such if asked. Would that be correct?" 

HAM: "Well, and with General Dempsey and Secretary Panetta, that is the nature of the conversation we had, yes, sir." 

Panetta told the Senate Armed Services Committee in February 2013, “There was no question in my mind that this was a terrorist attack.”

Special Report will have more from the Benghazi transcripts, including evidence on whether the White House willfully misled the American public on how well prepared President Obama was before the attack.

Watch the video above for National Security correspondent Jennifer Griffin’s report on the slow response to the Benghazi attack.  Plus, read James Rosen’s full report at FoxNews.com.