Over one year has passed since the attack on the United States consulate in Benghazi, Libya, but families of the four Americans killed continue to search for answers. 

WATCH: James Rosen Battles Carney Over Newest Benghazi Revelations

The father of Tyrone Woods, the Navy SEAL killed while trying to rescue others, joined Huckabee on Saturday night. Charles Woods wrote to President Obama in search of an explanation as to why his son was given the order to stand down.

The president wrote back, but Woods said he didn’t answer the two most important questions. Woods spoke to a reporter who said that they personally talked to a friend of Ty who was on the ground with him in Benghazi. The friend claims that there were three orders to stand down. Woods told Huckabee, “That […] probably would’ve saved the life of our ambassador if there had not been that delay three times.”

President Obama told Woods in the letter, “On that tragic day, I directed my national security team to do everything possible to respond to the attacks against our people and facilities in Benghazi. The United States Government considered a range of options and deployed additional military capabilities, but as our military leaders have said, the military forces needed to carry out the type of operation you describe were not close enough to have made a difference.”

Woods disputed that statement, adding that the president couldn’t have known how long the battle would last. “The military leaders did not tell the Joint Chiefs of Staff that there were not assets immediately available,” he said.

Store Clerk Fired for Defending Himself With a Firearm

Congressman Jason Chaffetz, who traveled to Benghazi after the attack, echoed Woods sentiment. He said, “I remain skeptical of the lack of military response during the Benghazi attack. […] Although some forces were repositioned, none were directed towards the sound of the guns.”

The president even told Woods, “Please know that my actions would have been the same if the attack had been against my own family.”

“I could not and would not have gone to sleep until I knew that every effort was made to rescue – no effort was made,” Woods reacted. “For three hours after it even happened, Ty’s body was on that tarmac. An American plane wasn’t even sent […] to pick up his body.”

Survey: 1 in 3 Women Remove Their Wedding Rings at Work, During Job Interviews

Stepmother of Bullying Suspect Arrested on Child Abuse Charges