New York mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner faced more tough questions from reporters at his latest campaign stop Friday afternoon. Earlier this week, Weiner admitted to sending more sexually explicit text messages to women even after the first scandal that led to his June 2011 resignation from Congress.

One reporter asked how anyone can take his campaign seriously at this point, pointing out that he has become the "butt of jokes on late-night talk shows" and bringing up the "Carlos Danger" alias that he used to communicate with women outside of his marriage.

Weiner mostly repeated what he already said, brushing off the calls for him to end his campaign, and saying New York City voters can decide for themselves whether he should be elected.

He said "this was the fact pattern" that was already known when he entered the race. Weiner maintains that the "basic facts" have been out there for a while and that the latest allegations are a year old. He said he hopes to soon get back to solely talking about the issues facing New York City residents.

Watch the news conference above, which was part of an extraordinary Studio B that included an announcement from embattled San Diego Mayor Bob Filner.