Rep. Jeff Duncan: 'Madame Secretary, You Let the Consulate Become a Death Trap'
Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.) went aggressively after Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at this afternoon's House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Benghazi.
Duncan took aim at Clinton for not sending additional security to Benghazi, despite requests from Amb. Chris Stevens, even though Al Qaeda-linked groups were known to be active in the area.
"Madame Secretary, you let the consulate become a death trap. That's national security malpractice," said Duncan.
"You've said you take responsibility, what does responsibility mean, Madame Secretary? You're still in your job, and there are four people at the Department of State that have culpability in this that are still in their jobs. I heard the answer about firing or removing personnel, I get that, but this was gross negligence. At what point in time can our government fire someone whose gross negligence left four Americans dead in Benghazi?"
Clinton testified earlier today before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Lawmakers are investigating the Sept. 11 terror attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, which killed four Americans.
- EXPLOSIVE Q&A: Clinton Shouts "What Difference Does It Make?!" in Response to GOP Sen. Ron Johnson
- McCain to Clinton in Benghazi Hearing: "I Categorically Reject Your Answer"
- VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Hillary Clinton Testifies on Benghazi Terror Attack
- Hillary Clinton Chokes Up Talking About Amb. Chris Stevens, Other Americans Killed in Libya
- Full Timeline: The Benghazi Attack and the Administration's Response
- Hillary Clinton: ‘I Did Not Say That It Was About The Video for Libya’