Hillary Clinton: 'Going on the Sunday Shows Is Not My Favorite Thing to Do'
At the House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing, Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) asked Secretary Hillary Clinton, “It’s been reported, since you managed the response to the Benghazi attack, why weren’t you the person to appear on the Sunday shows immediately following the attack? Ambassador Susan Rice said that you declined.”
U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice went on the Sunday talk shows days after the attack and repeatedly said that it was the result of an anti-Islamic video.
Rohrabacher Challenges Clinton on Anti-Islamic Video: ‘Isn’t It Disconcerting That the Only Person in Prison Is the Filmmaker?’
Sec. Clinton responded to Wilson, “I have to confess here in public, going on the Sunday shows is not my favorite thing to do. There are other things I prefer to do on Sunday mornings. And I haven’t been on a Sunday show in way over year. So, it just isn’t something that I normally jump to do.”
She added that, “We had a lot that we had to manage that I had to respond to and I thought that should be my priority.”
Wilson responded, “I believe that part of the priority is telling correct information and you could’ve done that.”
- EXPLOSIVE Q&A: Clinton Shouts "What Difference Does It Make?!" in Response to GOP Sen. Ron Johnson
- McCain to Clinton in Benghazi Hearing: "I Categorically Reject Your Answer"
- VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Hillary Clinton Testifies on Benghazi Terror Attack
- Hillary Clinton Chokes Up Talking About Amb. Chris Stevens, Other Americans Killed in Libya
- Full Timeline: The Benghazi Attack and the Administration's Response
- FLASHBACK: Ambassador Susan Rice Tells Fox News Libya Attack Was Spontaneous Reaction to Anti-Islam Video
Follow Fox News Insider, the official blog of Fox News Channel on Twitter and Google+!