DEBATE QUOTE: Romney -- 'If Israel Is Attacked, We Have Their Back Not Just Diplomatically, But Militarily'
During tonight’s third presidential debate at Lynn University, Mitt Romney agreed with President Obama that America stands with Israel. He added, “If Israel is attacked, we have their back -- not just diplomatically, not just culturally, but militarily.”
Romney said that a nuclear-capable Iran is “unacceptable” because it “represents a threat not only to our friends, but ultimately a threat to us.”
The U.S. mission in Iran, according to Romney, is to “dissuade Iran from having a nuclear weapon through peaceful and diplomatic means. And crippling sanctions are something I called for five years ago.”
He went to say that military action is a last resort and something he would only consider after trying all the other avenues he laid out.
Related Debate Posts:
- Charles Krauthammer: “It’s Unequivocal Mitt Romney Won”
- Chris Wallace — “...If I’d Just Come Back From Being Stranded on a Desert Island”
- VOTE: Who Won the Third Presidential Debate?
- DEBATE QUOTE: Obama — “If Israel Is Attacked, America Will Stand With Israel”
- DEBATE QUOTE: Romney on Obama’s Apology Tour and Iran – “They Saw Weakness Where They Had Expected to Find American Strength”
Follow Fox News Insider, the official blog of Fox News Channel on Twitter and Google+!